- 12/17/14 7:00 to 8:30 – Court of Honor. Elliott Elementary cafeteria. Bring a dish to share.
- We will NOT meet the two weeks of holiday break.
- 01/07/15 7:00 to 8:30 – troop meeting at Elliott.
- 01/09/15 to 01/10/15 Climb On overnight and climbing merit badge. Details to follow but…. Meet at approximately 8:30 on Friday. Drive to the Climb-on facility in Homewood. Sleep indoors, climb in the morning. Home around 10 AM Saturday.
Mr Shelton and I finally got together and uploaded his photos of many 2014 troop activities.
It is certain that our scouts can’t honestly say “I’m bored” or There is nothing to do”. The evidence is shown in all the fun things Mr Shelton captured in photos.
When you go to the photo website look for the following albums:
2014-11-09 I&M Canal – by Mr Shelton
2014-10-19 Fall Camporee – by Mr Shelton
2014-07-10 Camp Buffalo – by Mr Shelton
2014-06-14 Indiana Dunes Campout – by Mr. Shelton
2014-05-17 Spring Camporee – by Mr Shelton
2014-04-11 Cub Scout Crossover – by Mr Shelton
2014-04-05 Starved Rock Campout – by Mr Shelton
2014-02-08 Father and Son Campout – by Mr Shelton
Yes there are a lot of photos to enjoy. I suggest that when you go the the photo site you put it in “slide show” mode and let er rip.
Hint – Once you select an album there is a little “v” symbol in the upper right hand corner of the which drops down the selection to either play a slide show or download you favorite photo to your computer. Hope this helps.
(click on above link)
Camp Betz lived up to a long standing tradition. It rained!. That didn’t stop our dauntless knights to complete their quest. Mother nature even zapped our campers with a brisk 28 DEGF on Sunday morning.
A secondary activity to the Fall Camporee Monty Python and the Holy Grail stations was the annual Jamboree-on-the-Air. The scouts talked to scouts in other states via amateur radio.
Photos are available on the troop photos site.
Excerpts from a speech given by Eddie Snow, Oakland #3, at the District Assembly May 18th, “If You Were Arrested For Being A Rotarian, Would There Be Enough Evidence To Convict You?” These are St. Edward Wrestling Coach Howard Ferguson’s “Paradoxical Commandments of Leadership.”
1. People are illogical, unreasonable and self-centered.
Love them anyway
2. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.
3. If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies.
4. The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
5. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable .
Be honest and frank anyway.
6. The biggest men with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest man with the smallest mind.
Think big anyway.
7. People favor underdogs, but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
8. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
9. People really need help, but may attack you if you do help them.
Help them anyway.
10. Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best your have anyway.
A leader is best
When people barely know that he exists,
Not so good when people obey and acclaim him,
Worst when they despise him.
“Fail to honor people, they fail to honor you,”
But of a good leader, who talks little,
When work is done, his aim fulfilled.
They will all say, “We did this ourselves.”